May 19, 2009

Interesting read

Just finished reading "The philosopher and the wolf" by Mark Rowlands.  Very interesting read, about his connection and the lessons he learnt from having a wolf.  Beautiful story.  Mr Rowlands also puts in his views about life.  One thing I have come away is that as humans we value ourselves way to highly.  We don't have a purpose or calling, we were put on this earth like everything else, to procreate and then to die.  I know that sounds depressing, but we put too much value on goals, and feelings, how we should feel, what do you feel etc etc.  When basically I think we should just live in the moments.  Take stock of your surrounds when was the last time you stopped still and felt the breeze on your face or the warmth of the sun.  Next time you are out stop, close your eyes, and feel this.  I believe that is living in the moment.

I have attached his blog to my favourite links.

No comments:

Post a Comment