May 31, 2009

My last day of Freedom

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work I go....tomorrow.  Today was my last bid at freedom.  

I went to the Gladstone Ecofest today.  I got planted up, bought 15 native plants to this region today, by region I mean zone 1 which is quite a large area, Fitzroy, Capricornia Coast etc.  Potted up the bigger ones when I got home and cross fingers they will be fine.    I saw a wombat or two, a baby and a teen.  A Bilby's behind, because he was hiding in the corner and several young joeys.  And two small crocodiles, and yes I did smile at them.  It was a good couple of hours just looking and asking questions.   I also bought another book about the native flora in the Fitzroy region.

Our first garden bed should be happening next month, fingers crossed.  Have to wait until the 'tractor' arrives, my partners new toy.  A little kubota tractor.  It will make it easier as we have so much rock here.

I have been trying to locate a line drawing of a cat, not an easy task on the Internet, trolling through all these sites.  I want a stretched out cat for my next tattoo.  I might have to go trolling through some books instead and see what I can find.   If anyone has some suggestions, I am thinking Asian type art, so I am all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment