June 17, 2009

Dancing Dog Duo

I promised to write a section regarding my hounds. I have two as you can see in the photos to the right of the screen, Ceejay and Izzy. I do obedience work and agility for fun. They have also been learning seekback and find, plus dancing. They learnt the first step which is spinning, when you spin they spin with you. They cottoned on pretty quick. They love their Saturday training sessions, I go to Deb who runs classes at Boyne Tannum K9 Obedience (a bit of a plug there). They also have done a little bit of herding sheep. Those buggers can jump, the sheep not the dogs, mind you the girls can jump too. But I didn't realise that sheep can jump higher than I stand tall.

How can I describe these two dogs, they are chalk and cheese. Ceejay is high energy, high octane, and incredibly motivitated and willing to please. She learns very quickly and can think on her feet. Izzy is not so high energy, she has incredible speed but tends to go in bursts. She listens attentively to what you say and watches you like a hawk. Food is the way to Izzie's heart and brain. It takes time to process but when she gets it, well look out. She is the steady one of the two. When they get together is another story all together. They are only a year apart, two different breeds but get on really well. Very much like siblings, they don't scrap though.

Here is the famous dog Gin and her owner Katy, love this routine and you can see what you find when you do put in the effort into your dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment