June 19, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

I love reading, and sometimes I don't feel like expanding my mind as it feels like it is stretched to its limit. So what is my guilty pleasure, "Bodice Rippers", you know the ones, the one where the male on the cover has his masculine torso on display and the woman usually has the heaving bosoms. I get such a giggle out of them, and you don't have to think too hard when you read them. I have tried Mills & Boon but they tend to irritate me, but the bodice rippers generally don't and I do tend have a giggle about them, mind you I do come across one now and again that gives me the rants. They kind of remind me of the musical "Seven brides for seven brothers", I don't know why but that corny romance thing that never happens in real life, where you get swept off your feet by the dashing man who has rescued you from some horrible experience. I also like the "Time swept" bodice rippers, where the heroine gets swept back in time to meet her prince. Corny I know, but they are my guilty pleasures. I have read two this week but I am know going back to some serious reading, "Van Dieman's Land" is the title, some historical non-fiction to get my teeth into. I really do sometimes sound like a geek. 8) (me in glasses).

No comments:

Post a Comment